Sunday, October 25, 2009

Facebook

Every few days I get an invitation to be someone's friend on Facebook -- if you are one of the people I've snubbed because I didn't want to spend the 8 seconds required to set up an account, please forgive me.

I would have continued to pretend like Facebook doesn't exist, but then I had a "that is so 21st century" moment. An acquaintance was due to have a baby and I was waiting and waiting to hear the baby had arrived. Finally, the baby is 8 weeks old and I meet her at a party. I said, "Why the hell did no one tell me you had the baby?!"

And everyone at the table shook their head in agreement when the new mother shrugged and said, "You need to be on Facebook."

And then my dearest friend, who used to send me long, fabulous, hilarious e-mails daily, apologized that I haven't heard from her for so long saying, "Well, if you were on Facebook..."

Alas, here I am! And I'm the only one without 439 friends, so please come and be my Facebook friend.


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger carol said...

Ah sad but true. If I want to know what's going on with my own family I have to check my facebood

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous saksham said...

Yes, even I get some invitation on facebook in every two or three days we all should be careful before using any social site...

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger 屏東一夜情聊天室 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Dearest said...

Catching up on your blog. Now you just need to be on Facebook more often! You can link your blog there you know...

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous alona@israel said...

oh, lol, sure-you had to post it in your status). can you imagne-releationship with my boyfriend became *official* just after we changed status in fb) so yes, it is socially important sourse

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous OFC Champions League said...

this website is special for me ..........i will thank for this website........

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright 2005-2011. Staci Schoff. All Rights Reserved.