Monday, May 11, 2009

Parenting, Politics & Oh Yeah, Happy Mother's Day!

I don't know what kind of sad-excuse-for-a-mommy-blogger forgets to post on Mother's Day, so I hope fun was had by all. As for me, I received the best gifts ever -- all homemade, including my new favorite poem:

Mama,
Sunny, funny
Reading, Fixing, Working
She is a cat person.
I love you,
J

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a haiku or what ever gave him the idea that I like cats, but it is my favorite poem forever, nonetheless - as a fellow writer, I particularly appreciate the experimental point-of-view. Not to mention, it's not every day (or any day for that matter) that someone calls me "sunny."

Just because he and his brother are my favorite kids doesn't mean I'm not going to subject them to this video -- and I highly recommend that all adults watch, even if you're not a fellow lunatic-who-relentlessly-harasses-her-spoiled-children-about-the-evils-of-consumerism. Don't feel sorry for them though, I'll make popcorn to eat while we watch.

Finally, a great piece about Madmen and what's wrong with Barack Obama. (Hint: It's not personal, it's just that he's a well-connected, establishment politician -- who knew!!!!)

And finally once more, a link to one of my favorite organizations for whom every day is Mother's Day around the world.

Pax

2 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Anyone who has ever spent any time in Chicago at all can tell you that politics there is not for the lily-livered. That Obama came from Illinois is proof that he is a true politician, not some wide-eyed idealist. I would be surprised if he doesn't have some big skeletons in his closet (and you know I love him).

Shelly said...

Thanks for the link to the video. It is awesome! I sent a copy of it to everyone I know and will be blogging about it too. Such a vitally important issue!