Wednesday, October 29, 2008

If You're Raising Girls...

God help you.

NO! I'm kidding, just kidding. Boys are just as bad. I mean, no! I'm kidding again. Sort of.

Anyway, ahem, I don't have any girls to share this fantastic website and periodical with, so I thought I'd share it with you. From their website:

"New Moon Girl Media is the leader in products that help girls reach their full potential. Maker of girl-created, advertising-free communities where girls learn to recognize and resist gender stereotypes, New Moon Girl Media serves girls ages 8 to 15 and brings their voices to the world."

To the fourth wave.

3 comments:

Autumn Libal, Product Manager said...

Thank you, Staci! We have been working sooooooo hard to bring New Moon Girls online. After more than 15 years of print publishing, it's been really exciting for us and all the girls who work on New Moon to see it come alive on the web. And, as I'm sure you can imagine, it's been challenging too.

I can't tell you how much we appreciate notice like yours. We deeply believe in helping girls discover their voices and honor their true selves, and we're grateful for every person who supports this mission. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! This is great. I really do believe that girls should be able to bring out their full potential. It is so great that someone wants to take the time to do this. These girls need to be heard around the world and this is exactly the right thing to make it happen!

Bev said...

Hi

My name is Bev and I am a Grandmother hoping to become a GG (great grandmother) in the not too distant future. I wrote and illustrated a book entitled Wool E. Woola. You can see the first 16 pages of this charming children’s book when you visit www.moonbowpress.com . This is a very small publisher, only my friend and I.

If you wish to purchase Wool E. follow the directions in the site. However, since so many Moms need to earn extra money today, I would be happy to help you sell Wool E. Woola from your home or from your coffee shop. If you do wish to sell it, contact me at moonbowpress@aol.com and I will email you information about how to go about doing so and how much money you can earn.

Even if you do not want to either buy or sell Wool E. Woola, I would appreciate if you would give this information to your friends.

Thanks,

Bev