Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Back to School Laugh

Well -- we'll at least look back and laugh about it SOME day, right?

I mean, I don't know which is more stressful - figuring out what to do with them all summer or sending them to school every day. And my kids go to public school -- I'm sure now I never would have survived if my husband had given in and let me send them to Catholic school! This week, NYT printed a fantastic piece of comic-relief - read it and try not to weep for the insanity that has ensued around the simple task of teaching children how to subtract.

4 comments:

landismom said...

Fourth grade?

Geometry.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Oregon, but this could almost be from my daughter's public school in Virginia. Especially the part about sending in a year's supply of basic classroom materials. ~annie

Luna said...

Hi Staci,

My name is Luna and I'm a Stanford University student interning at Cooliris, a web start-up in Palo Alto, CA. Your blog always features some great finds for parents. So, I thought you and your readers would be interested in Cooliris, our free software that transforms your web browser into a full-screen interactive 3D Wall that revolutionizes the way viewers interact with media on the web. You can now seamlessly browse and instantaneously zoom in on thousands of images and videos in seconds.

Today we are especially pleased to announce that Cooliris now offers an enhanced shopping experience.

Cooliris Shopping lets you skip all the navigational headaches traditional shopping interfaces induce. Instead, we bring the enjoyment back. With Cooliris you'll be able to find what you're looking for faster than ever. And we've got your shopping needs covered with Macy's, eLuxury, Beauty.com, Nordstrom, Apple iTunes, Amazon, Wal-Mart, KB Toys, Lands End and more.

I'd love to show you Cooliris with more than words, so please check out Cooliris at www.cooliris.com. You can see a demo of how the product works as well as download it for free. We hope Cooliris can make life a bit easier for you and your readers! I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

All the best,
Luna and The Cooliris Team
luna@cooliris.com

Kari said...

Ha! Pretty funny link!!