Monday, September 18, 2006

Will Staci Ever Blog Again?

I don't know.

Every day I think I'll blog and then I don't. So for those who wonder, let me fill you in.

First, in good news I've sold an essay, and it's supposed to be published in September. Every day that I don't blog, I hope that they'll have my essay up and I can link to it and be off the hook. I'll post the link as soon as it's available.

In bad news, we're moving two hours away from here on Saturday. My husband and I are in complete denial of that fact, even knowing that we've sold this house to someone else and... well, they expect us to get the hell out of here. Saturday.

Oh we've packed enough boxes just to make it look messy and disorganized enough in here that I can't focus or concentrate on anything else but the mess. But seriously, we have not packed enough.

And what have I been doing instead of packing? Staring at my computer, trying to think of something to blog about, but only being able to think, Oh my God, what the hell are we going to do???
It would be much more productive of me to get up and pack something, so I think I might try that today. Please accept my apologies for my lack of posting and also my lack of commenting as of late... I'll catch up as soon as I can.

9 comments:

Fresh Mommy said...

You have my deepest sympathy -- I hate moving. Packing, moving, unpacking. It's all a big nightmare. And with two children! Ay yi yi. Just thinking about it is enough to get me in a tizzy.

Good luck and please hurry and get back online soon. But no pressure.

Jill said...

Moving sucks. The last time we moved we ran out of time and ended up leaving a check for the people who bought our house so they could hire a cleaning crew to clean up after us. Pathetic.

Congrats on the essay.

Pendullum said...

Deepest sympathies...I HATE moving...
Looking forward to the blog on the mooooove...

Wendy said...

Congrats on the essay!

I don't envy you at all. I swear I am never moving again, especially since last time, we had to spend 2 weeks in a teeny tiny rental house on the opposite end of town, so I spent 4 hours a day taking the picking up the kids from school.

I hope you're at least moving somewhere fun.

Mom101 said...

Lord, do NOT blog. Pack, move, be safe, be well, then come back and write all about it. Deal?

congrats on the essay, btw! Looking forward to it, of course.

Anjali said...

As a fellow blog slacker, I totally understand. Best of luck with the packing and moving. It will be over soon!

Melissa said...

Ooh, SOLD an essay! I like the sound of that.

crazymumma said...

Congratulations on your essay! I look forward to reading it.

I wish you well in your packing of boxes. Hell. Sheer torture. Get rid of as much as you can in the process....

And I hope you love your new digs...

Food Mum said...

Good luck with the move and great news about the essay - I look forward to reading it.