Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Have a Real-Life Friend Who's Blogging... And She's FUNNY!

I have two best friends, and one of them has begun blogging under the pseudonym Fresh Mommy. I suggested she do so because she sends me several e-mails a day and they always crack me up. Well... not always. At least once a day or so we send each other an e-mail that says, "Hi. I'm fat. I'm boring. I think I'll eat some pie. Later." But all the other ones are funny. I swear.

She's having a hard time beginning her blog, so let me share a story about how cool she is. I met her our freshman year of college, when I was a vegetarian (and she was not). We had this neighbor who was a vegetarian (a white guy with an afro... not necessarily a good look), we'll call him "P." I thought it would be a good idea to attend the "National Vegetarian Society" meeting on campus. "We'll meet cool people!" I'd promised Fresh Mommy. "Who don't eat meat!" I'd chirped.

And she thought that was the dumbest thing she'd ever heard, saying, "I bet when we get there, it will be you, me and P." But she's a good sport, so she came along anyway.

And when we got there, in addition to her, me and P., there were two other people. And during the introductions a girl said, "blah blah blah... so I don't see how anyone with half a brain could eat meat..."

When it was Fresh Mommy's turn to introduce herself she announced proudly, "Hi... I'm one of those people without half a brain who eat meat."

So that's her. Easy to get along with... good natured... good for a laugh... I wish she'd move to Oregon.

The bad thing about this is she gives me so many funny ideas and sayings, and now I won't be able to steal them anymore!

Go give her some love when you get a chance.

4 comments:

Fresh Mommy said...

Oh Blondie, you're too good to me!

(Staci forgets to mention that our other good friend and I used to get her drunk and bring her to McDonald's to see if she'd order a Big Mac or not. She did.)

MommyWithAttitude said...

Hey! It was a quarter pounder with cheese... get your facts straight!

Her Bad Mother said...

Will go check it out. AFTER I read your Mommy Wars post...

Pendullum said...

I am going over to read your gal pals blog...
Looking forward to it..If she is half as fun as you... It will be another adventure to go on...