Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fun Web Surfing

If you haven’t seen Planet Mom yet, they’re having some specials (and they have some new sayings) for Mother’s Day. My favorite says, “Seeking Tall, Dark, Rich Cup of Coffee.” Personally, I don’t care for embroidered sayings on my clothes, but I always like to support stay-at-home moms turned entrepreneurs. Check out their inspiring story.

If you like fashion (or you don’t like fashion but don’t want to be the one everyone’s making fun of), check out Kim Weinstein. Which reminds me, I have to take pictures of these jeans I have and ask one of my fashion literate friend’s if they’re “Mom Jeans,” because I have no idea what that even means (and don’t really care either), but I certainly don’t want to be caught dead in a pair… whatever they are.

In addition to (really expensive) ideas for new moms, Kim also has links for the fashion and budget-conscience crowd. And in her blog she sometimes shares how she struggles to balance marriage, motherhood and being a freelance makeup artist. Some good stuff over there.

And last (but cerainly not least) Moonstruck is the best chocolate on the planet. I guarantee it. They’re not even paying me to say this. Mother’s Day is upon us so order yourself something decadent… you’re a good mom. You deserve it.

6 comments:

Redneck Nerdboy! said...

I might visit Moonstruck and tell 'em Politically Incorrect Mom sent me! I might get a discount!

ckoz said...

As a loving father and husband, I will check out your chocolate referral. Although I must warn you that my wife will be weirded out if they come in the shape of Cher...

Wendy said...

Here you go...mom jeans. And, no, you do not want any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rA2jOGhGw&search=mom%20jeans

MommyWithAttitude said...

Wendy thanks for posting that, it's hysterical! I don't think I have any of those, and I'm sure I don't have any with an elastic waistband, which is why I'm wearing sweats tonight. ;)

Wendy said...

Yeah, I would bet that my refusal to be caught in anything resembling mom jeans would be why I'm in pajamas by about 6:00 every night.

Belinda said...

I like Moonstruck, but John & Kira's chocolates hold a VERY special place in my heart. Definitely check them out!